Whether environmental and climate policy, EU treaties or Euroscepticism – the pocket book "Europa von A bis Z" provides insights into the most important topics and terms of European cooperation from Winston Churchill's speech in 1946 about the "United States of Europe" to the present day in over 100 factual contributions. It addresses anyone interested in Europe looking for specific and reliable information on the latest developments in European policy. Previous knowledge is not necessary. The pocket book is being published in an updated and expanded version in the 15th edition.
The pocket book is available in three forms, with the "Living Edition" continuously updating the contributions and addressing current developments.
Living Edition E-Book Print edition Print edition + E-Book
The New Edition Offers:
- A comprehensive introduction to the history of European integration;
- Contributions on the most important topics of European integration, including references to the EU treaties and recommended literature;
- A chronology that provides detailed information on the central stages of European integration;
- A list of abbreviations;
- A subject index.
All contributions are structured identically and contain the following elements:
- A fact box (reference to the EU treaties, aims, instruments, and budget of a policy area or reference to the EU treaties, composition, headquarters, competences, tasks, and decision-making procedures of institutions, internet references)
- Main text
- Further literature and documents
The contributions in the "Living Edition" also provide a short abstract of the topic as well as keywords.
Prof Dr Werner Weidenfeld, Prof Dr Wolfgang Wessels, Dr Funda Tekin
Springer VS, Wiesbaden
The pocket book "Europe von A bis Z" is a project of the Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP) in cooperation with the Center for Applied Policy Research (C.A.P.) of the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (www.cap-lmu.de) and the Centre for Turkey and EU Studies (former Chair for European Politics) at the University of Cologne (www.ceteus.uni-koeln.de/de). “Europa von A bis Z” receives funding from the German Federal Foreign Office. The IEP alone is responsible for the contents.