The “ConnectBY” project of the Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP) gives Belarusian activists, civic initiatives, and researchers in exile the opportunity to advance their project ideas or publications. In our final publication, we want to include contributions by project participants that deal with their initiatives, vision, publication, or personal experiences.
What we offer:
- A one-time grant of up to 1,000 EUR to enhance a project/publication idea
- Online mentoring until December 2022
- Participation in two online workshops in November 2022 (obligatory for grant applicants)
- Networking opportunities with like-minded researchers, practitioners and activists working for a democratic Belarus
- The opportunity to share your experience and story in a multi-lingual publication
What are the application criteria?
The call is open to any member of the Belarusian diaspora who:
- Lives or has lived in Germany or Ukraine
- Have stable access to Internet
- Are working on a project or publication that fulfils the following criteria:
- Focus on civil society, human rights, democratic participation, awareness-raising or educational output
- Strives for deeper cooperation between Belarusian diaspora communities in different countries
- Are willing to submit a written contribution to the project’s final publication by the end of November. You can share your personal experience, project summaries, assessment of current challenges for Belarusians in exile, suggestions for improvement, etc.
- Are willing to participate in the project’s final event
How to apply?
Please send your complete application via e-mail to email@example.com.
Deadline for the application: Wednesday, 02 November 2022 (midnight)
- Curriculum vitae (CV) – max 2 pages
- Short outline of your project/ publication idea (max. 500 words)
- Please, cover the following aspects: Project/publication goal; expected impact; areas of needed support/mentoring
- Preferred language of application is English. Applications in Belarusian are also accepted
- Please note: you can apply as an individual person or as a registered/unregistered NGO
Laura Worsch, Project Manager