Dr. Vittoria Meißner
Research Advisor to the Directors
Expertise: Differentiated integration within the European Union; EU migration and asylum policy; EU institutions
M.A in International Relations at the Technical University of Dresden and B.A. in Political Science at the Università degli Studi di Roma Tre.
PhD at the Technical University of Munich (dissertation on: “European Union Migration Agencies at the Crossroads: Significant Empowerment after the Schengen Crisis?”, 2020).
- Research and work on differentiated integration, especially on questions of narratives and national preferences within the Horizon 2020 project EU IDEA
- EU migration and asylum policy
- European integration processes and institutional change
- Vittoria Meissner: “European Union Migration Agencies at the Crossroads: Significant Empowerment after the Schengen Crisis?”, Dissertation, Technische Universität München (2020)
- Vittoria Meissner: “The migration issue in the 2019 European election: Still an ʻopen political wound’?”, in: Michael Kaeding/Manuel Müller/Julia Schmälter (Eds.), Die Europawahl 2019 — Ringen um die Zukunft Europas, Springer: Wiesbaden (forthcoming May 2020)
- Vittoria Meissner/Funda Tekin/Nils Fabian Müller: “Narratives of Political Unity in Times of Differentiation”, EU IDEA Research Paper no. 3, December 2019, https://euidea.eu/2019/12/20/narratives-of-political-unity-in-times-of-differentiation/.
- Vittoria Meissner: “The European Border and Coast Guard Agency Frontex beyond Borders — the Effect of the Agency’s External Dimension”, TARN Working Paper Series 16, December 2017, https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3085529.
German, English, Italian, French
Institut für Europäische Politik e.V.
Fax IEP: +49–30-889134–99