Panel discussion “Which Europe do we want to live in? Visions for a future Europe” within the framework of IEP’s project “Alternative Europa!” in Saarbrücken
Within the frame work of the project “Alternative Europa!” the Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP), the European Academy in Otzenhausen (EAO) and Europe Direct Saarbrücken organized a panel discussion on the topic “Which Europe do we want to live in? Visions for a future Europe” on 25 July 2017 in Saarbrücken (in German).
In a lively debate with over 100 participants on the history, present and future of Europe the following discussants took part:
- Prof. Dr. Gabriele CLEMENS, Professor for European Integration History, University of Hamburg
- Manuel GATH, Federal Chariman of Junge Europäische Föderalisten (JEF), Berlin
- Jo LEINEN, MEP; President der European Movement International (EMI), Brussels/Saarbrücken
- Doris PACK, former MEP, Saarbrücken
- Benjamin ZEEB, CEO, Project for Democratic Union, Munich
The discussion was moderated by Sabine WACHS of the Saarländischer Rundfunk.
The panel discussion was part of the project “Alternative Europa!” which was launched by the IEP together with Junges Europawissenschaftliches Netzwerk (JEN) of the Europawissenschaftliches Netzwerks Deutschland (END) and the EAO in cooperation with the Arbeitskreis Europäische Integration (AEI), the Centre International de Formation Européenne (CIFE), the Junge Europäische Föderalisten (JEF), the project “TruLies: The Truth about Lies on Europe”, Polis 180, the University of Hamburg and the University of Hildesheim.
For further information please check the Future Workshop report, the program or the website of Europe Direct Saarbrücken.