Intern (m/f/d) for the PhD Support Programme “The EU, Central Asia and the Caucasus in the International System“ (starting 1st April 2019)
Since its founding in 1959, the Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP) has been a non-profit organisation dedicated to the study of European integration. It is one of the leading foreign and European policy research centres in the Federal Republic of Germany and serves as a forum for exchange between academia, politics, administration and political education.
IEP offers a mandatory internship in accordance with § 22 MILOG, starting 1 April 2019 for a period of three months, to support the international PhD Support Programme “The EU, Central Asia and the Caucasus in the International System“ (EUCACIS).
The Institut für Europäische Politik (IEP), Berlin, and the Centre international de formation européenne (CIFE), Nice/Berlin, organise the English-speaking programme EUCACIS which supports PhD students at universities of the Southern Caucasus and the wider region of Central Asia (Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kashmir (India), Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Xingjiang (China)).
Your tasks include:
- Supporting the preparation of a conference in May 2019 in Kyrgyzstan,
- Editorial support in preparing a newsletter,
- Support in the editing of scientific articles,
- Support with the programme´s social media representation,
- General communication with the fellows and their supervisors.
- Insight into the work of two renowned policy research centres,
- The possibility to contribute to the organisation of an international PhD Support Programme and to an international, academic conference,
- The possibility to experience cooperation with partners in Central Asia and the Southern Caucaus,
- The possibility to attend other events of IEP or CIFE.
- Being enrolled at a university,
- B.A. (or equivalent) in the humanities, social sciences or related fields of study,
- Very good knowledge of English (good knowledge of German is of advantage as well as knowledge of Russian or regional languages),
- Expertise or interest in the countries of the target region,
- Interest in the occupational field of scientific management,
- Experience in cooperating with partners in Central Asia and/or the Southern Caucasus is of advantage,
- Advanced skills in word processing and internet research,
- Being able to work self-reliantly,
- Being able to work in a team, being reliable and having good organisational skills.
Duration and working hours:
Unfortunately, remuneration for the internship is not possible.
Please send your application (including a letter of motivation indicating your main focus of research and interest, curriculum vitae, transcript of study, and possibly internship or work references) until 15 March 2019 via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to:
Institut für Europäische Politik
Ms. Janny Schulz