Call for Applications: Scholarships for Doctoral Students from the Caucasus and Central Asia
We are happy to announce the Call for Applications for the PhD Support Programme “The EU, Central Asia and the Caucasus in the International System” (EUCACIS). The deadline for application is 16 May 2016.
Funded by the Volkswagen Foundation and the Erasmus+ programme, the EUCACIS PhD Support Programme offers scholarships of 300 Euro per month for three years and a travel grant of up to 500 Euro for field research to excellent postgraduates who are working on a doctoral thesis in political science, contemporary history or economics on a topic related to the programme’s thematic focus at a university or academy of sciences in the Southern Caucasus or the wider Central Asia (including Afghanistan, the Kashmir region in India, and the autonomous region Xinjiang in China).
In addition, the programme provides intensive PhD research training to coach its participants in international academic standards and help them to establish their own networks with other young researchers. It offers (travel costs and accommodation are covered by the programme):
- four international conferences in Almaty, Berlin, Yerevan, and Bishkek;
- three PhD schools in Berlin, Yerevan, and Istanbul;
- one research training stay of three weeks for individual training, supervision and research in Berlin;
- mentoring by postdoctoral researchers for three years;
- continuous online coaching including courses on methodology in political science, economics and contemporary history.
The deadline for application is 16 May 2016.
For information on the eligibility and the details of the application process see the attached flyer and the project’s website www.eucacis.eu.